3/4" Male NPT Mazzei® Injectors are high-efficiency, venturi-type, differential pressure injectors with internal mixing vanes that are used in Chemical Free Iron Filters. When a sufficient pressure difference exists between the inlet and outlet ports of the injector, a vacuum is created inside the injector body, which initiates suction of a liquid or gas through the suction port.
How a Mazzei® Injector Works
When pressurized water enters the Mazzei injector inlet, it is constricted toward the injection chamber and changes into a high-velocity jet stream. The increase in velocity through the injection chamber results in a decrease in pressure, thereby enabling an additive material to be drawn through the suction port and entrained into the water stream. As the jet stream is diffused toward the injector outlet, its velocity is reduced and it is reconverted into pressure energy (but at a pressure lower than injector inlet pressure).
Black PVDF Molded Injectors
- NEW INTERNAL VANES are positioned to maximize injector efficiency, suction capacity, and mixing capabilities
- TROUBLE-FREE OPERATION with no moving parts
- PROVEN PERFORMANCE with years of expected service
- Mixing Vanes
- No electrical connections needed
- Can run dry with no problems
- Considerable cost savings versus other injection methods
- Safe to use as the chemicals are under vacuum, not pressure
- Constant injection of assures UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIAL LONG PRODUCT LIFE constructed of strong, chemical-resistant PVDF (KYNAR® and HYLAR®) with a 5-year warranty or POLYPROPYLENE with a 1-year warranty.
- ISO-R (BSPT) threads available in PVDF models
- PVDF is an advanced thermoplastic that is superior to other types including PVC, Polypropylene, & Polyethylene
- Stronger/Higher pressure and temperature handling capabilities
- Resistant to ozone
- Greater chemical resistance / Resistant to Chlorine, Sulfuric and Nitric Acids Abrasion and wear resistant
- Sunlight (UV) resistant
What you should know to properly select an injector:
- What do you want to inject (a liquid or a gas)?
- Injection Rate: How much do you want to inject per hour?
- Motive Flow Rate: How much water needs to run through the injector?
- Inlet Pressure: What is the water pressure available immediately upstream of the injector?
- Outlet Pressure: What pressure will the injector see downstream, after installation?
Water Depot Replacement parts sold here
Culligan Replacement parts sold here
Great Lakes Water Solutions Replacement parts sold here
Eco Water Replacement parts sold here
Clack replacement parts sold here
Fleck replacement parts sold here