Centurion 12 X 40 Mesh High Performance Carbon Coal Based
Contains one Cubic Foot of Carbon Media. Granular activated carbon is used in Automatic Backwashing Carbon filters, In and out carbon filters, Bag Filters, Aquarium/ Fishtank filters and cartridge carbon filters in order to remove a number of impurities in the water. Activated carbon can reduce (and/or remove) chlorine, Trihalomethanes (THMs), Chloramines, Sediment, Bad Tastes and Odours.
- 12 X 40 Mesh
- Granular Activated Carbon Media
- Specialized Activated Carbon
- Life Expectancy of 3-5 years (Dependant on water source)
When should I replace the Activated Carbon?
- Automatic Backwashing Carbon Filters Every 3-5 Years on Municipal Water
- In and Out Carbon Filters Every 1-3 Years on Municipal Water
- Cartridge Filters and Bag Filters 6-12 Months with a pre-filter, 1-6 Months without a Pre-filter.
- Aquarium/Fishtank Filters Monthly
This is also dependent on other factors such as the source water's iron levels, chlorination levels etc.There are many more variables that can effect how often one needs to rebed their water softener so we reccommend that you contact us in order to determine the best solution for your household.
How many bags of activated carbon do I need?
One bag of activated carbon is more than enough to rebed a standard 9 inch by 48 inch Fiberglass tank and enough for a 10 inch by 44 inch fiberglass tank. For different sizes and models please contact us.
Aquapura Water Products is your Alliston Barrie Ontario Canadian dealer for Water Softener Resin.