Replacement Lamp for the following Pura Systems:
- UV Rack H5-13R2 & 13R22
- Genesis H20
What is a Pura Ultraviolet sterilizer light?
Pura Ultra violet Sterilization is the use of ultraviolet light to kill any water born microorganism’s bacteria or viruses such as coloform, e.coli, cryptosporidium, or giardia.
Who needs an Pura Ultraviolet (UV) system?
- Homeowners who have received a positive coloform, e.coli, cryptosporidium, or giardia water test result
- Well water or private water systems
- Those with reason to suspect at they are at higher risk for such contamination
- Families seeking to have piece of mind that their water is being properly disinfected prior to consumption
Benefits of a Pura Sterilizer:
- Kills Harmful Microorganisms
- Kills bacteria’s Kills Coloform
- Kills e-coli
- Kills Cryptosporidium
- Kills mould spores
- Does not introduce harmful chemicals(Chlorine) into your drinking water
- Pura UV water disinfection can never overdose
- Has no effect on taste and odour
- No carcinogenic disinfection by-products are produced with UV water disinfection
- UV Pura water disinfection can never overdose
How does a Pura sterilizer work?
The DNA of disease causing microorganisms exposed to a Pura UV light is disrupted so that it is not possible for the microorganism to replicate and cause illness.
What is the cost of operating a Pura UV disinfection system?
The Pura system uses about as much electrical energy as a 40watt light bulb.
How long does a Pura ultraviolet (UV) lamp last?
One year as the UV output of the Pura UV lamp decreases slowly with age and has a useful life of 9000 hours (one year). Beyond 9000 hours the lamp output starts degrade rapidly and disinfection performance will be suspect. UV PURA disinfection units are designed to provide the specified dose at the end of the useful lamp life. The integral lamp change reminder alarm will inform you of the necessity of changing the lamp. Operating the lamp beyond 9000 hrs will result in ever reducing disinfection performance.
Pura ultraviolet whole house water sterilizers are exploding in popularity due to their low maintenance requirements, ease of operation, economical purchase price and operating cost. Even municipal water can no longer be assumed to be safe with boil water advisories becoming more frequent.
Does having a Pura Ultraviolet(UV) purification help sell my house?
When selling or buying a house water testing has become an important staple, installing a ultraviolet sterilizer can prove to be a great asset in assuring that you receive both top dollar for your house when selling and piece of mind when buying. Knowing that you’ve purchased a house that has safe drinkable water with a “0” readings for coliforms and E. coli is not only important in this day and age but safe drinking water is a necessity.